I am available for custom consulting work, key notes, and workshops through Tamarack Institute.
Click on About to find out more about how I might be of assistance.
Current or Recent Contracts
- Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Territory: Collective Impact facilitation and consultation. Helping to produce a long-term collective impact initiative to address community identified socio-economic and cultural challenges and opportunities.
- Grande Prairie Poverty Reduction Roundtable: Assisting the round table with launching poverty reduction initiatives in 2017 while building a long-term poverty reduction strategy.
- Homelessness and Housing Partnership, Halifax. Working with a multi-sectoral partnership table to further develop partnership initiatives.
- Alberta Council on Disability Services: Keynote address on a Game-Changer Approach to Community Change Strategy and Evaluation and a workshop on Upside Down Thinking.
- Board Leadership Conference, Edmonton. Key note address on Upside Down Thinking: Heresy as a Catalyst for Transformation.
- Social Planning Council of Cambridge and North Dumfries, speaker at the 11th Annual Poverty Symposium: Turning it Upside Down and subsequent session facilitation.
- CARYA, Calgary: Facilitation to converge 5 teams under a Collective Impact Model
- Revelsoke, BC.: Keynote on the Socio-Economics of Poverty and an evening workshop for the public.
- Healthy Kids Network, Thunder Bay: designed and delivered two strategy sessions, one with residents and one with the steering committee
One Day Tamarack Learning Events
- Upside Down Thinking: Disrupting the Status Quo, Red Deer
- Upside Down Thinking: Disrupting the Status Quo, Calgary
Tamarack Learning Event Workshops
Mark has spoken and delivered workshops at various Tamarack learning events as well as for a learning event in Denver, including:
- Upside Down Thinking and Poverty Reduction
- Upside Down Thinking: Disrupting the Status Quo
- Case Study on the Community Bridge, an eviction prevention prototype Mark developed when CEO at Bissell Centre
- Community Engagement
- Trickle Down Community Engagement
- The So-What of Social Media
- Trends the Leaders Cannot Ignore
- Raising Friends and Resources
- Journey Mapping
- Co-creating a Culture of Innovation
- Single, Double and Triple Loop Learning
To learn more about custom work and workshops Mark offers go to:
A Game Changer Approach to Poverty Reduction Strategy and Evaluation- interviewed by Mark Cabaj – Recording is HERE
Working in Complexity, a Case for Upside Down Thinking, with Elayne Greely. For the recording, Click Here
Other past clients include (pre-Tamarack days)
- Aspen Family Services, Calgary – Upside Down Thinking and Strategy Development
- Children’s Planning Table, Kitchener-Waterloo: Upside Down Thinking key note
- Alberta Museum Association Conference – Key note and workshop on Upside Down Thinking
- Edmonton Social Planning Council: facilitation of sessions to create a Strategic Framework, a method of planning developed by Mark.
- Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations – Luncheon Session: Collective Impact: Watch out for the Pendulum Swing.