Journey maps are used often in the private sector to map out a customer’s experience of a product or service. It identifies customer needs and wants, motivations, and interactions with the product or service from beginning or end.
In terms of a journey map for you collaborative or collective impact initiative, here are some of the things it can do for you:
- Tell the story of your collaborative journey from initial start through engagement, to where you are today
- Can be the whole story or part of the story.
- Identify key milestones, interactions, successes, set backs and other key touchpoints
- Provide history for new comers
- Deepen/expand understanding of what works and what doesn’t or of choices that were made or need to be made.
- Helps visualize where the journey is going.
Journey Maps are visual treatments in which key steps, milestone, and decision points are identified in relationship to each other.